pen pal country countries live language languages world
post office dislike library libraries restaurant bank supermarket
street pay avenue center bridge mail there
there near behind neighborhood neighbor just straight
across next between turn down open market
clean quiet dirty house welcome garden district
enjoy walk through tour beginning visit place
fun if hungry arrive way take taxi
airport pass passed hope turning crossing
Countries Adj. languages cities people
China Chinese Chinese Beijing a Chinese Chinese
Japan Japanese Japanese Tokyo a Japanese Japanese
Canada Canadian English French Toronto a Canadian Canadians
Australia Australian English Sydney an Australian Australians
the united states (the USA/America) American English New York
Washington D.C. an American Americans
Germany German German Berlin a German Germans
Singapore Singaporean English Chinese Singapore a Singaporean Singaporeans
India Indian English New Delhi a Indian Indians
Russia Russian Russian Moscow a Russian Russians
the United Kingdom (the UK/ Britain) British English English London an Englishman
an Englishwoman Englishmen
France French French Paris a Frenchman
a Frenchwoman Frenchmen
1. 1.be from= come from
2. 2.live in/at
3. 3.like doing sth like to do sth
4. 4.likes and dislikes
5. 5.in the world
6. 6.all over the world = all around the world = throughout the world
7. 7.the whole world
8. 8.on/in the street
9. 9.pay sb pay money pay sb money pay money for sth pay money for sth
10. 10.in the center in the center of
11. 11.across from
12. 12.next to
13. 13.between… and…
14. 14.in front of
15. 15.in the front of
16. 16.in the neighborhood= around here= near here
17. 17.go straight
18. 18.turn left/right
19. 19.go down this road
20. 20.go straight down this road
21. 21.on the left/right
22. 22.on one’s left/right
23. 23.on the left of…/ on the right of…
24. 24.enjoy sth enjoy doing
25. 25.take a walk= go for a walk
26. 26.go through
27. 27.go across
28. 28.at the beginning of
29. 29.have fun(doing sth)
30. 30.arrive in+ 大地点 arrive at+小地点
31. 31.the way to…
32. 32.on one’s way to school on one’s way home
33. 33.take a taxi by taxi
34. 34.pass a park pass an exam
35. 35.hope that… hope to do sth
36. 36.speak (in) French
37. 37.in November on November 1st on weekends
38. 38.go to the movies
39. 39.play sports =do sports
40. 40.write to sb= write a letter to sb = write sb a letter
41. 41.at home at school
42. 42.tell sb about sth tell sb about oneself
43. 43.Excuse me!
44. 44.a good place to do sth
45. 45.have a good trip
46. 46.want sth want to do sth want sb to do sth want to be… want sb to be
1. —Where is your pen pal from?
= where does your pen pal come from?
—He is from Australia. = He comes from Australia.
2. —Where does your pen pal live?
— He lives in Paris.
3. —Where is Toronto?
—It’s in Australia.
4.— What language do you speak?
—I speak Chinese and English.
5. China is a country with a long history.
6.—Does he have any brothers or sisters?
—He has a sister.
7. I think China is an interesting country.
否定句 I don’t think China is an interesting country.
8.— How many languages can you speaks?
— I can speak Chinese and a little French.
9. —Is there a supermarket near here?
— Yes, there is. / No, there isn’t.
There is a clock and some maps on the wall.
= There are some maps and a clock on the wall.
There isn’t any water in the glass.
10. there be 和have 的区别：
there be 表示哪里有某物，表达一种存在。
have 表示拥有 如：
James has a brother and a sister.
1) Excuse me, is there a hotel near here?
2) Excuse me, which is the way to the hotel?
3) Excuse me, how can I get to the hotel?
4) Excuse me, where is the hotel?
5) Excuse me, could/ can you tell me the way to the hotel?
6) Excuse me, could/ can you tell me how I can get to the hotel?
7) Excuse me, could/ can you tell me how to get to the hotel?
8) Excuse me, could/ can you tell me where the hotel is?
1) Walk /Go along/down this road(to the end).
2) Go down/along the street until you see the traffic lights.
3) Take the second turning(crossing) on the left/ right.= Turn left/right at the second turning(crossing).
4) The hospital is along/down this road on the left.
5) Its about 5 minutes’ walk from here.
6) You can’t miss it.
7) Go across the bridge, you will see the hotel on your left.
8) Go through the park. The hotel is just across from the park.
13. 表示感谢的用语 14. 回答感谢的用语
1) Thank you. 1) That’s all right.
2) Thank you very much. / a lot. 2) That’s OK.
3) Thanks. 3) You are welcome.
4) Many thanks. 4) My pleasure.
5) Thanks a lot. 5) Don’t mention it.
6) Not at all.
15. Welcome to the Garden District!
16. Bridge is a good place to have fun.
Hongkong is a good place to go shopping.
17. If you are hungry, you can buy some food in the supermarket.
If you are not careful, a car may hit you.
If it is fine tomorrow, we will go to the park.
Please tell me if he comes.
18. I know you are arriving next Sunday.
When are you going to London?
19. let sb do sth
Let me tell you the way to my house.
20. hope to do sth hope that 从句
We hope to see you again.
I hope (that) he will come tomorrow.
1. 1.They are___________. They come from France.
2. 2.— Where _____ you from? — I am from Australia.
3. 3.She can’t read______ write.
4. 4.— Do you like tomatoes_______ potatoes? —Yes, I do.
5. 5.— What do you like better? Skirts_______ dresses? — Dress, for sure.
6. 6.— Is this woman a teacher______ a doctor? — She is a doctor.
7. 7.I live in an apartment _______ a busy street.
8. 8.Where _______ your pen pal _______(live).
9. 9.________(speak, say, talk, tell ) it again. I didn’t understand you just now.
10. 10.I can ________(speak, say, talk, tell ) many languages.
11. 11.He ________(speak, say, talk, tell ) me something about you.
12. 12.They are ________(speak, say, talk, tell ) with Mr Li.
13. 13.John knows___________(little, a little, few, a few) English, so he can talk to the Englishman.
14. 14.People from Toronto, C____________ can speak French and English.
15. 15.They don’t have any Chinese textbook. = They _______ ________ Chinese textbook.
16. 16.There are six b___________ over Qiantang River.
17. 17.Go s_______ down this road, take _____ first tuning on the left.
18. 18.Don’t be angry. I just say it _______ fun. (填合适的介词)
19. 19.Let me tell you _______ ________ get to Hemingway Hotel.
20. 20.Who is that woman ________ a baby ________ her arms. (填合适的介词)
21. 21.There is a bank at the b_________ of the street.
22. 22.They arrived _______ London ________ a cold winter night.
23. 23.Three visitors will r________ our city tomorrow.
24. 24.—Can you tell me _______ the library________？ —Oh. It’s across from the center park.
25. 25.—Can you tell me ________ ________ ________ get to the library？
—It’s really far. You ‘d better ________ a taxi.