1. It is well to remember that possibly the greatest strength of humanity is its diversity, and that its strongest bond lies in mutual respect. 最好记住，人类最大的长处可能是他的多样化，而最强的纽带则在于相互尊重。
2. The desire to be well thought of makes people reluctant to say no to anyone regarding anything. We should cultivate an ability to say no to activities for which we have no time, no talent, and in which we have no interest or real concerns. If we learn to say no to many things, then we will be able to say yes to things that matter most. 为赢得他人对自己的好感，人们不愿意对任何人有关任何事情说“不”。我们应该培养一种能力，对那些我们没有时间，缺乏 能力做得事情，不感兴趣或不关心的事情说“不”。如果我们学会了对许多事情说“不”，那么，我们将能够对很重要的事情说“是”。
3.You're never too heavy for your mother to bear. But try, as you get older, to swap roles once in a while.
4.Take the word "family". Strike out the "m" for mother and the "y" for youth--and all you have center is fail.
5. A mother is one through whom God whispers love to his little children. And, yes, sometimes that voice can rise above a whisper,but only because you're not listening.
Don’t wait to show your charitable face until a smile has come.
Don’t wait to love until you have been loved.
Don’t wait to know the value of friends until you have felt lonely.
Don’t wait to know your mistakes until others have been hurt.
Don’t wait to win back until you have broken up.
7. At times, although one is perfectly right, one's leg tremble; at other times, although one is completely in the wrong,birds sing in one's soul.人有时虽然完全正确，双腿却不免颤抖；而有时虽然完全错了，却内心欢畅。
8. In a few generations more, there will probably be no room at all allowed for animals on the earth: no need of them, no toleration of them. An immense agony will have then ceased, but with it there will also have passed away the last smile of the world's youth.几代人之后，也许根本就不再有动物存在的空间：人们不再需要它们，也不再忍受它们。那时，一种剧烈的痛苦将已停止，而地球的青春的最后微笑也将随之逝去。
9. S.Leonard Rubenstein, on the skill of honesty:Intention is not enough. The honest man suspects himself always. He knows honesty is a skill that must be exercised always. Most of us want to be honest, few know how. All men know their reactions; few men can identify what they are reacting to. The skill of honesty is to hold one's reaction at bay in order to discover what is causing it. The skill is difficult.
S.伦纳德＊鲁宾斯坦谈如何诚实处世：光有诚实的愿望是不够的。诚实的人总怀疑自己。他们懂得诚实处世是一种技巧，必须反复练习才能熟练掌握。大多数的 人都很想做到诚实处世，但是知道怎样去做的人并不多。所有的人都会对事物作出反应，但是对他们作出反应的事物能够识别的却不多。诚实处世的技巧在于，在弄 清事物的性质之前不要急于作出反应。这是个很难掌握的技巧。
10.Bear in mind that brains and learning, like muscle and physical skill, are articles of commerce.They are bought and sold. You can hire them by the year or by the hour. The only thing in the world not for sale is character.
11. I am very grateful that I had a grounding in faith that gave me the courage and the strength to do what I thought was center,regardless of what the world thought.
12. At those moments in time when you are tested, it is absolutely essential that you be grounded in your faith.
13. Workplace friendships are like a double-edged sword. The benefits of a friendly workplace can be really positive, but organizations should be aware of the potential difficulties and how to manage friendships at work.
14. Respondents also experienced a great deal of anxiety about speaking to close friends about substandard work. A basic rule of friendship is being non-judgemental and accepting your friends' weaknesses, but giving critical performance feedback conflicts with this.
15.I believe you should live each day as if it is your last, which is why I don't have any clean laundry because, come on, who wants to wash clothes on the last day of their life?
16.Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and you stand alone.
17.The six most important words are " I admit I made a mistake." The five most important words are " You did a good job." The four most important words are " What is your opinion ?" The three most important words are "If you please ." The two most important words are "Thank you ." The least important word is " I ".
18. Bear with evil, and expect good.
19. Kindness are easily forgotten; but injuries!——What worthy man does not keep those in mind?
20. Crime expands according to our willingness to put up with it.
21. Perfect courage is to do without witnesses what one coulg be capable of doing with the world looking on.
22. Before marriage, a man will lie awake all night thinking about something you said; after marriage, he'll fall asleep before you finish saying it.
23. One of the oldest human needs is having someone wonder where you are when you don't come home at night.